Real Estate Closings and Title Insurance
At Scarnecchia Mullin, PLLC we know the purchase and sale of your home may be the single largest transaction of your life, and we are here to make that transaction as smooth as possible. As Real Estate Attorneys we pride ourselves on counseling our clients through the entirety of their real estate transaction, beginning with the initial offer and acceptance period and ending at the closing table.
In many jurisdictions outside of Florida it is mandatory to have a Real Estate Attorney represent you in the purchase and sale of residential property. There is good reason for that. A knowledgeable Real Estate Attorney can ensure your rights are protected and fight to get you the best possible result in your negotiations. Although not mandatory in Florida, hiring an experienced Real Estate Attorney can be the difference between a “good” or “bad” deal.
As active title agents for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company through unrestricted membership in Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund, our Real Estate Attorneys are authorized to issue title commitments, policies and closing protection letters. Obtaining Title Insurance provided by our Real Estate Attorneys after closing will guarantee that your rights to the property are legally insured. Title Insurance is a cost-effective way to guarantee you have the peace of mind you deserve regarding your property.
Our office proudly handles all aspects of your Residential Real Estate Transactions:
- Preparation, Negotiation and Review of Residential Real Estate Contracts, including familiarity with the Florida Association of Realtors® and The Florida Bar approved “As Is” Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase.
- Guidance and Legal Counsel regarding Residential Real Estate Contract Terms and Conditions, including any applicable Homeowner or Condominium Association Regulations.
- Preparation and Recording of Warranty Deeds, Special Warranty Deeds and Quit Claim Deeds.
- Review of Title and Lien Searches.
- Representation at Residential Real Estate Closings.
- Issuance of Title Insurance.
Explore Our Most Popular Real Estate Packages:
Buyer or Seller Residential Real Estate Transaction Package
Perfect for Buyer or Seller embarking on the Purchase or Sale of Residential Property.
- Negotiate and Prepare Residential Real Estate Contract
Review Pre-Drafted Residential Real Estate Contract.
- Provide Guidance and Legal Counsel regarding Residential Real Estate Contract Terms and Conditions, including any applicable Homeowner or Condominium Association Regulations.
- Review of Preliminary Title Report.
- Provide Guidance and Legal Counsel regarding Title Report including possible errors and other concerns that could interfere with your Real Estate Transaction.
- Review of Closing Documents.
- Provide Guidance and Legal Counsel regarding Closing Documents.
- Attend Closing, if necessary.
Residential Closing and Title Insurance Package
In Florida, (with the exception of Broward, Miami-Dade, Collier and Sarasota Counties- where the Buyer selects), the Seller typically selects the Title Agent to conduct the Closing at the end of the Real Estate Transaction. Our title solutions are underwritten by Old Republic National Title Company.
- Review of Residential Real Estate Contract.
- Perform Title Search and Abstracts.
- Examine thorough Title and Lien Search with Updated Survey.
- Prepare Title Commitment and Issue Title Insurance.
- Prepare Closing Documents.
- Attend Closing.
- Record Finalized Documents for Residential Real Estate Purchase and Sale.
When entering into a Residential Lease and Rental Agreement, an experienced Real Estate Attorney can save you later hassle and headache should the relationship between the Landlord and Tenant ultimately devolve. Our Real Estate Attorneys can assist with the preparation, negotiation and review of Residential Lease and Rental Agreements to ensure your rights are protected. Should a dispute later arise between Landlord and Tenant, our experienced Landlord-Tenant Attorneys can offer alternative dispute resolution methods to resolve issues before litigation becomes necessary. Our knowledgeable Attorneys provide strategic solutions to resolve Landlord-Tenant disputes in South Florida.
We offer the following services for Landlords and Tenants:
- Preparation, Negotiation and Review of Residential Lease and Rental Agreements.
- Guidance and Legal Counsel regarding Residential Lease and Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, including any applicable Homeowner or Condominium Association Regulations.
- Representation of Landlords and Tenants in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Litigation including Eviction Proceedings, Failure to Pay Rent and Rent Disputes, Early Termination of Leases, Violation and Breach of Lease Provisions, Security Deposit Disputes and Ejectments.
Explore our most popular Landlord-Tenant Law Packages:
Landlord/Tenant Residential Lease Negotiation
Representation of Landlord or Tenant entering into Residential Lease and Rental Agreements.
- Negotiate and Prepare Residential Lease and Rental Agreements and/or Review of Pre-Drafted Residential Lease and Rental Agreements.
- Provide Guidance and Legal Counsel regarding Residential Lease and Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, including any applicable Homeowner or Condominium Association Regulations.
Evictions – Landlord Representation
Our Fort Lauderdale Eviction Attorneys help Landlords regain possession of their properties through Eviction proceedings. Our most popular package for an Uncontested Eviction of Two Tenants for Possession for Non-Payment of Rent or Holdover Tenancy includes the following:
- Review, Draft, and Serve 3/15 Day Notice.
- Draft, File, and Serve Complaint.
- Draft and File Motion and Proposed Order for Clerk’s Default.
- Draft and File Non-Military Service Affidavit.
- Draft and File Motion and Proposed Order for Final Judgment.
- Draft and File Writ of Possession.
Evictions – Tenant Representation
Our South Florida Eviction Attorneys represent Tenants involved in residential Eviction Proceedings. Under Florida Law, Tenants are awarded certain rights. Our representation includes the following:
- Review Complaint.
- Ensure Landlord has complied with all statutory and procedural requirements under Florida Law.
- Prepare Response to Complaint.
Homeowner And Condominium Association Law
At Scarnecchia Mullin, PLLC we represent Homeowner’s Associations and Condominium Associations in all their legal matters. Our experienced Association Attorneys provide counsel for all the Association’s legal needs, including: enforcement of association rules, drafting, and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community, drafting the Association’s Governing Documents, collecting fines and assessments, filing Claims of Lien and handling foreclosure and collection actions.
Quiet Title Actions
At Scarnecchia Mullin, PLLC we help clients enforce their property owner’s rights through Quiet Title actions. If you think there is a potential cloud on your property’s title, our Quiet Title Attorneys will assist you in obtaining clear and marketable title to your property.