Considerations for Florida Quit Claim DeedsFebruary 17, 2022
Selling your home can be exciting, but it can also seem overwhelming. Hiring the right real estate attorney to assist with your transaction can ensure a smooth closing process. If you’re in the market to sell real estate, here are the key benefits to getting seller representation for closing.
- Expert legal advice – As a seller, you have a lot of things to consider and issues to understand, including contract terms, seller disclosures and closing documents, title concerns, seller obligations, closing costs, timeline, and more. A real estate attorney will guide you through the entire process and provide you with peace of mind.
- Resolving errors or disputes – There’s no reason to risk getting stuck in a bad deal with unfavorable terms. Working with a real estate attorney means you have someone focused on your best interests to assist in negotiations and advocate on your behalf.
- Help with the closing process – Issues with paperwork can delay a closing. A real estate attorney will draft the necessary seller’s documents and help you understand the significance of each document to ensure a smooth closing.
- Avoid charges from the title company – The title company will charge you to prepare the seller’s documents that an experienced real estate attorney would prepare on your behalf while also offering necessary legal advice.
- Understanding closing costs – The seller is responsible for varying amounts at closing. A real estate attorney will guide you and explain which fees you must pay and confirm the accuracy of your closing costs.
- Explaining your legal obligations – Depending on the terms of the purchase and sale contract, the seller may have several obligations prior to closing. For example, the seller may be responsible for maintaining continuation of utilities or making certain repairs. An attorney will make sure you satisfy all required seller’s obligations.
If you are selling your home and need representation at closing, Scarnecchia Mullin is here to help. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.